To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to (225) 766-1225, attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is (225) 766-1718
A Pre-Admissions Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by 12 pm the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at (255) 766-1718.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
If you are arriving BEFORE noon:
Do not drink or eat food or dairy products after midnight the night before your surgery.
If you are arriving AFTER noon:
You may eat toast with jelly six (6) hours prior to your arrival time but avoid dairy products after midnight.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Return to Top
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon or the Pre-Admission Nurse.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Registration Department (225) 766-1718 as soon as possible.
Return to Top